Intermediate Bridge Engineer (10060BR) Thunder Bay District, Canada
An an intermediate bridge engineer in our Thunder Bay, ON office you willl be working on various projects providing technical input on all stages of the design process.
- Civil/Structural degree from an accredited university.
- 8+ years of experience in the design of bridges and experience with the Canadian Highway Bridge Code or AASHTO.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), or eligible for licensure in Ontario.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of bridge engineering with a recognized consulting engineering firm.
- Structural analysis software such as SAP200, S-FRAME, STAAD or CANBAS.
- Familiar with relevant agency/regulatory approval processes as pertaining to bridge engineering.
- Demonstrated ability in meeting project deliverables and requirements.
- Preparation of preliminary and detailed design calculation.
- Preparation of technical reports
- Preparation of project specifications and other contract documents.
- Preparation of detailed design calculations and analysis for concrete and steel structures using STAAD or other structural design software.
- Conducting design check and quality audit of drawings and contract documents.
- Providing technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to junior engineers, technologists, and technicians.
- Coordination of structural work with work of other disciplines.
Hatch Mott MacDonald is an award, employee-owned engineering firm with a reputation for technical excellence, innovation, and overcoming complex engineering challenges. Being part of the HMM team provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals a broad range of infrastructure, transportation, water & wastewater and environmental projects.