Accounting Manager (10806BR) Mississauga, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald requires an Accounting Manager to join the team in Mississauga. This position will report to the Finance Manager – Canada. This position’s main purpose is in the assistance of planning, controlling, reporting and measuring the information and assets of Hatch Mott MacDonald..
The Accounting Manager shall be responsible for assisting the Finance Manager - Canada with the management of overall financial operations of HMM’s Canada Unit, to provide accurate information to the Managing Director - Canada, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports. The Accounting Manager will aid in directing and managing the company’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures, preparing financial statements and reporting to top management and externally. The Accounting Manager will also maintain the company's accounting systems and implement changes as required by the Finance Manager – Canada
Job duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Assist Finance Manager – Canada in managing the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
• Preparation of quarterly financial statements and analysis.
• Preparation of monthly financial statements and distribution of accurate and reliable financial reports.
• Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and external reporting to financial institutions, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met.
• Preparation of year-end comparative financial statements and supporting schedules.
• Prepare financial statements, reports and records through collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
• Assist with the management of foreign exchange transactions.
• Oversee the credit management, accounts receivable, cash receipts and accounts payable functions.
• Responsible for all other financial reporting to various companies and agencies (TPC, Insurance, Stats Can, CRA, WSIB, Revenue Quebec, etc.).
• Oversee billing activity, including process, training and resolving rate issues.
• Oversee insurance related activities (WSIB, certificates, contract review, and policy issues).
• Approve payments for Joint Venture transactions.
• Coach accounting team members, including review and approval of work assignments and training requirements of the team including completion of regular performance review.
• University degree in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree or professional accounting designation (such as CA, CPA, CGA, or CMA) preferred.
• 8-10 years of relevant experience. Working in a professional services environment would be an asset.
• Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management.
• Working knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial and local requirements regarding financial records, pension, and the like is essential.
• Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms.
• Financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning experience.
• Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications.
• Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
• Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Good problem solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand.
• Knowledge of ERP computer systems an asset.
• Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, problem solving and organizational skills are essential.
Hatch Mott MacDonald offers competitive salary, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.