Senior Project Engineer - Pipelines (13841BR) Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM), a North American firm provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. HMM, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
As a result of our successful project awards, our Pipelines group is rapidly expanding. Therefore, HMM is seeking qualified staff to join our team in either Calgary, Alberta or Vancouver, British Columbia.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (mechanical preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in one or more of the following project types: natural gas pipeline, facilities, liquids, transmission, gathering, midstream and treatment.
- P.Eng. license mandatory.
- Possess sound judgment; highly developed management, organizational, interpersonal, presentation/training, oral and written communication skills; excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong technical and design skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and work with multi-disciplinary teams; and deal with complex issues and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to prepare and interpret complex reports, recognize problems and define and evaluate solutions.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Manage engineering/design execution, planning, and interface and ensure that activities are completed on schedule and within the budget.
- Prepare project execution and quality plans, projects plan of works, initial projects safety review, initial projects environmental review, and project control system.
- Co-ordinate with project managers and discipline engineers and ensures consistency in execution of project management activities.
- Organize and conduct project meetings, technical and progress reviews.
- Initiate and complete projects close-out and archiving.