Junior Field Representatives (7832BR) Thunder Bay District, Canada
We are seeking junior field representatives to join our team in Thunder Bay, ON. You will work on projects in such areas as contract administration, construction observation/testing, construction co-ordination, and surveys. Work will vary in nature depending on the project requirements.
- Graduate civil technician or technologist registered with OACETT as a rcji or university civil engineer registered as an EIT.
- 0-2 years experience. Site experience would be an asset.
- Demonstrated openness to learning.
- Assist on construction site to review progress and compliance with drawings and specifications in the construction process as well as materials employed. May conduct or cause to be conducted, tests of construction work.
- Assists in co-ordinating the work of engineering survey crews, assuring quality of survey work, including accuracy of data, drawings and reference points. May assist survey crew in determining the information needed to conduct the survey. Carries out minor survey work as required.
- Prepares and maintains job reports, progress reports, and job diaries. Records details related to meetings and discussions with contractor, municipality, owner and the public.
- Assists in or carries out contract administration duties, including the review and preparation of contractor’s payment claims and payment certificates, interpretation of contract requirements, verification of equipment delivery, review of quantities and pricing related to contract changes.
- Maintains effective working relationships with contractors, clients, the public, government officials or association representatives.
- Carries out, or causes to be carried out, investigate, surveillance, sampling and testing on environmental projects, as well as reviewing various site and safety protocols.
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM), a North American firm provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. HMM, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.