Intermediate/Senior Project Controls Specialist (8894BR) Mississauga, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald, a North American firm with offices throughout the U.S. and Canada offers rewarding and challenging positions. HMM provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. Hatch Mott MacDonald, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
To support our workload and growth, we are seeking a qualified intermediate project controls specialist to join our team in Mississauga, Ontario.
As the qualified candidate you should have a BS in Construction Management, Engineering or related education from an accreditted university, a minimum of 5-8 years experience in Project Controls/Scheduling. Experience on large transportation/infrastructure projects would be preferred. Strong technical skills must include: scheduling (Primavera), cost loaded schedule development, and schedule analysis.
Reporting directly to Project Controls Manager, Program Manager or project manager at a project level, you will be working within a program management team and interfacing with clients, contractors and other consultants providing professional services within a client environment. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* prepare and update project cost
* perform scheduling analysis
* cost & resource load schedules and ensure they reflect accurate phasing
* prepare reports in accordance with client requirements and advice on corrective action to recover deviations from plan, as necessary
* prepare cost estimate for design and construction and be able analyze and level engineer’s estimate
* evaluate project risks and produce risk analysis reports
* provide project controls support on Construction Management contracts
* interface with finance for project billing
* completed project close-out with the project manager
* develop and manage planning schedules using Primavera(P6) software