Surveyor(s) (14324BR) Labrador, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM) is an award winning, employee-owned engineering firm with a reputation for technical excellence, innovation, and overcoming complex engineering challenges. Being part of the HMM team provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals a broad range of infrastructure, transportation, water & wastewater and environmental projects. Hatch Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce.
HMM has recently been retained by the Department of Transportation and Works (DTW), Newfoundland and Labrador, to provide construction engineering services for Project 93-12 THR to widen and upgrade an 80km stretch of highway between Red Bay and Lodge Bay.
We are currently seeking Surveyors to join our field project team on an hourly/contract basis. Project office is located in Red Bay, NL.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Lead the survey crew, evaluate priorities and coordinate and organize the work efforts with the Resident Inspector
- Locate, review, and research job locations for identifying landmarks, physical objects, and significant land changes that would affect the survey.
- Keep accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe work performed.
- Ensure that collected information are accurate and conform to regulations and standards.
- Consult with computer operators and assist the final production of work performed.
- Coordinate findings of the work with engineering personnel, and others concerned with project.
- Research previous survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for surveys.
- Determine methods and procedures for establishing or reestablishing survey control.
- Supervise the maintenance of instruments and equipment.
- C.E.T or Geomatics Technologist, with minimum of 5 years surveying experience.
- Experience with road construction grade layout process and topographical cross sectioning as it relates to highway construction.
- Knowledge of DTW, Newfoundland and Labrador survey/geomatics practices, would be an asset.
- Proficiency in,the operation of survey equipment such as the Total Station/Data Collector, Level, and various Global Positioning System (GPS) methods. Operation of TopCon GPS survey system would be asset
- Familiar with commonly used surveying terms and with the use and care of survey tools and other survey field equipment used for measuring, sighting, and leveling.
- Familiar with the latest software for downloading survey data from data collectors.
- Knowledge in the various methods of surveying - Strong leadership skills, work ethic, and team-player attitude.-
- Strong technical, documentation, and organizational skills.
- CADD skills are considered an asset.
- Please provide references with your application.