Senior & Intermediate Site Inspectors - Tunnels (9378BR) Burlington, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald, a North American firm with offices throughout the U.S. and Canada offers rewarding and challenging positions. HMM provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. Hatch Mott MacDonald, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
We are looking for senior and intermediate inspectors to join our project team. In this position you will be required to inspect the contractor's work to ensure compliance with design and specifications.
As the qualified candidate, you possess the following:
- A degree or diploma in civil engineering from an accredited college.
- P.Eng. or C.E.T certification, or eligible to obtain.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in municipal infrastructure site supervision, preferably with a consulting engineering firm. Must have microtunnelling experience.
- Tunnel inspection (feeder main) experience and knowledge of co-ordination of other disciplines would be a definite asset.
- Confined space, first aid and WHMIS training.
Roles and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Inspect contractors' work for conformity to plans, specifications and regulations.
- Liaise with the contractor and client, as well as handling all public relations.
- Arrange for geotechnical services and material testing, quality control inspections and maintaining site records.
- Prepare photographs, site diaries, as-built quotes, and measurements.
- Start-up and commission the works and ensure compliance with Ministry of Labour (Ontario) guidelines.
- Recommend job safety practices.
- Travel to field sites is expected.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.