Civil Designer - Municipal Infrastructure (10288BR) Markham, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM), a North American firm provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. HMM, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
We are currently seeking a civil designer (roads/linear infrastructure) to join our team in Markham.
As the qualified candidate, you possess the following:
- A civil engineering technologist diploma
- 5 to 10 years experience, preferably with a consulting engineering firm, in design of roads, linear infrastructure (trunk sewers and trunk feedermains) and site plans
- A minimum of 5 years experience in design environment in general civil or municipal engineering.
- A CET or P.Tech. designation or working towards this designation
- Experience using Microstation
- Experience in project design including drawing development, specification writing, and cost estimating (concept to detail design)
- The ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
- A focus on quality and an orientation toward safety-in-design
- Knowledge of current design codes, standards and industry practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
In this role, you will be required to:
- Develop working drawings from sketches (determine appropriate scales, layout and need for specific details) and from concepts communicated by the engineering team.
- Revise and verify drawings created by others, integrating the design concept.
- Advise engineering group on requested changes to prevent adverse effects on the project deliverables.
- Assist in the assurance of quality, consistency and integrity of the electronic handover of deliverables.
- Design municipal infrastructure including roads, sewer, storm and water mains, and other related work.