Subdivision Manager, North America (9134BR) Greater Toronto Area, Canada
The Infrastructure Finance and Investment (INI) Division provides investment related commercial and technical advice to lenders, investors and private equity institutions across 3 Regions: UK, Western Europe and North America. INI are the leading infrastructure finance technical adviser as recognised by numerous awards including: Public Private Finance Awards – Best Technical Adviser 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2012 and Number One Technical Advisor – Infrastructure Journal (IJ) and winner of the IJ Technical Advisor of the Year Award in 2008, 2009 and 2010
The North America subdivision is responsible for all INI work in Canada and the USA and also assisting the INI division in winning and performing ‘international’ work in Central and South America.
The sectors covered historically by INI in North America include social infrastructure, accommodation, defence and investments but the subdivision manager will be expected to take the lead into new sectors and disciplines for INI to establish sustainable growth for the team. The core services of the are ongoing LTA and IC commissions, however new Public Sector roles have given the opportunity to develop this market further with recent wins this year.
This Senior Management role will provide strategic direction to the growth and development of INI business in North America (principally in Canada but extending into the USA as this market opens up for advisory services) and pro-actively support operational delivery of business activities. The individual will hold overall responsibility for all aspects of the subdivision including business development, customer relationships, people management and financial performance.
The successfull candidate will also have a key goal in supporting the INI Divisional Manager in sustaining the growth to the INI division as a whole.
To be successful in this role your skills and experience should include:
• Previous role in a senior management position within an advisory team such as INI
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Significant experience of working in roles similar to those currently practiced by INI
• Proven strength and capability in commercial management and strong business acumen
Academic, professional qualifications and skills
• Qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in either an engineering or business related discipline
• An MBA would be advantageous but note essential for this role
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively: communicating, building relationships and influencing effectively, with colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills – demonstrated in complex and changing environments
• Excellent written and oral English language skills are essential. Ability to work in an additional language(s) would be useful, (e.g. French)
The purpose of this role is to lead and provide direction to the operation of the INI North America subdivision and to support the management of the Division through an Executive role on the Divisional Board and as a member of the Divisional Senior Management Team. The Subdivision Manager will be supported in all areas by senior members of the North America team.