Mechanical Engineer (5436BR) Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Mott MacDonald is a global management, engineering and development consultancy. With a £1billion business spanning 140 countries with over 14000 staff in sectors such as transport, energy, buildings, water and the environment, health and education and industry and communications.
Mott MacDonald has a long and successful history of working in Canada, particularly through Hatch Mott MacDonald, As Mott MacDonald continues to expand its building expertise into the Canadian Market, we are seeking a talented, energetic mechanical engineer to be influential in the formation of this new business for Mott MacDonald. We are looking for an engineer who is able to assist in winning new business and developing approaches to mechanical design that will excite the industry here. We have the opportunity to bring in our developed approach to mechanical design into a market that is still experimenting with tools such as Revit and are starting to look at BIMs.
The successful applicants should have the following essential academic, professional qualifications and experience:
- Mechanical engineer with a minimum of 8+ years experience. Registered as a P.Eng. in Ontario for at least 4 years.
- Experience in the design of buildings such as sports, retail, leisure, residential, health and education
- Successfully delivered projects exceeding $10m
- Ability to deliver quality output
- Staff and client management skills
- Financial Management skills
- Familiar with engineering design software;
- An appetite for business development
- Sound technical capability and familiarity with current approaches to sustainability in building design, and software applications
- Ability to clearly communicate technical detail to a non-technical audience, e.g. during meetings with clients
- Ability to communicate requirements to staff above and below, e.g. to ensure staff understand what is required of them
- Ability and propensity to coach and mentor enthusiastic and inquisitive junior engineering staff
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel to produce project related documents
- Experience of using 3D packages such as Revit, IES, TAS etc packages would be of benefit.
In this positon, you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking design at all levels
- Client liaison
- Assisting in the development of winning work strategies
- Liaising with other areas of MML to facilitate specialist inputs
- Interpreting and delivering clients’ briefs
- Technical content of projects.