Senior Project Engineer (14094BR) St. John's, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM) is an award-winning consulting engineering firm with major success in the fields of architectural services; highway and bridges; aviation; rail and transit; water and water resources; wastewater; environment; municipal engineering; ports; tunnels; and pipeline services. We have earned a reputation for technical excellence on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects. With offices throughout North America, HMM provides a full range of services, from planning and design through construction management.
Being a part of the HMM team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting and challenging projects. HMM, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
As the Senior Project Engineer, you will work on a range of civil engineering projects in the following sector. As the successful candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
- Registered with the PEGNL, or eligible to obtain, with a minimum of 10 years experience, with a minimum of 3 design experience.
- Experience in the civil infrastructure sector; site investigations; design, construction administration; and project management.
- Knowledgeable in areas of urban development, public works infrastructure, water systems, sewerage systems, drainage, airport facilities, and site development.
- Working knowledge of planning regulations and zoning, engineering guidelines and standards and permitting processes,
- Experience in project scoping, design, contractual and financial management.
- Willingness to travel as project demands dictate.
- Bilingual (French/English) oral and written communication skills would be an asset
In this role you will work as a project engineer, technical lead, and designer. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Review and design advisor, supporting team members, site visits, construction progress and cost monitoring, reporting, problem solving and negotiating, project close-out.
- Managing both large and small projects.
- Contribute to colleagues and team’s technical development; and financial success of project.