Engineer II - Tunnel Inspector (11036BR) Markham, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM), a North American firm provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. HMM, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
As the qualified candidate, you possess:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or an equivalent combination of experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in site supervision.
- Minimum 5 years experience ( combination of engineering design and construction).
- Registered with Professional Engineers of Ontario (EIT) or recently obtained P.Eng. designation.
- General knowledge of civil engineering technology, construction terminology, and current engineering methodologies.
- Experience in supervision of tunneling projects, water or wastewater supply, and/or co-ordinated subcontractors.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans and specifications would be an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with close attention to details.
- Ability to make good decisions using sound, professional judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce.
As a Tunnel Inspector, your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensure tunnel work in accordance with contract documents
- Oversee contractor’s tunnel operations as scheduled
- Ensure contractor adheres to QC and method statement submittals
- Liaise with contractor’s nominated tunnel supervisor
- Maintain accurate written shift records of all underground activities
- Monitor and keep QA records of the TBM’s principal functions
- Monitor and keep QA records of the lining installation and grouting
- Monitor correct levels and frequency of TBM inspection and maintenance
- Check TBM and tunnel alignment and liaise with survey teams
- Monitor contractor’s compliance with safety program
- Report any safety deficiencies to the surface inspector
- Monitor contractor’s compliance with environmental rules and regulations
- Report any environmental events, such as spills to the surface inspector
- Work underground shift cycles and hours necessary for supervising the work
- Work in a harmonious manner with all staff and labour