IT – Technician II/Desktop Support (8544BR) Halifax, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald, a North American firm with offices throughout the U.S. and Canada offers rewarding and challenging positions. HMM provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. Hatch Mott MacDonald, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
As the qualified candidate, you possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree with two to three years of desktop/technical support experience or diploma plus five years of technical support experience in a Microsoft Windows network environment.
-Complete required training, including Dell/HP hardware certifications, ITIL Foundation and other internal courses.
- Proven experience in supporting Dell and/or HP laptop/desktop and Microsoft Office software suite is required
- Knowledge of engineering software such as Autodesk, ESRI and Bentley products, is a clear advantage, but not required
- Familiarity with standard helpdesk software and a good knowledge of remote user support
- Excellent understanding of MS productivity products, including MS Office2007 and 2010,
- Application Support for Adobe Acrobat, and other current and new applications that exist within the organization
- Windows Active Directory User and Computer Administration
- Microsoft Outlook support
- Working knowledge of networking concepts, including Internet functionality, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and VPN
- Understanding of telecommunications, VoIP, wiring, hub/switch/routers, server environments and storage
- Proven ability to work under stress and meet service level agreements
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proven attention to detail and organizational skills
- Operate with limited supervision. Excellent team player who is able to quickly escalate, provide assistance to team members and communicate with technicians in other offices
- Well developed communication skills both written and oral skills
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Strong customer focus skills
- Self-starter who can interact well within a consulting environment.
- Excellent people/negotiation skills
- Able to provide emergency non-business hours support to users and offices. All desktop support technicians will take bi-monthly weekend support shift in a rotation
- Ability to install and configure equipment up to 50 lbs. independently
- Personal car and good drivers’ license required
- Frequent travel to other Hatch Mott MacDonald sites.
- Support area consists of 150+ users, with possibility of further growth.
- Provide desktop services to end-users in local office and to remote offices daily, including PCs, telephones, mobile phones, network equipment and other IT services.
- Prioritize and manage service support requests in line with expected service levels targets
- Monitor and update the service delivery system for assigned tickets and assigned locations and/or projects
- Must be able to deploy image and software to computers locally and remotely
- Preparing and providing support documentation, including procedural documentation when required, including providing user and group training as required
- Manage the breakdown, relocation and set-up of workstations to accommodate user relocations, site relocation, site remodels and new location installations as assigned by support lead.
- Promote and adhere to departmental and organizational information security policies, standards and procedures
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- Strive for excellence in customer service in line with the company values and expectations
- Ability to work overtime or flexible time when required.