Water Resources Engineer (10223BR) Markham, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM), a North American firm provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. HMM, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- An engineering degree from an accredited university, with a minimum of 5+years of experience in storm water management, and be a P.Eng., registered in the Province of Ontario.
- Experience working in a consulting engineering is a must.
- Experience dealing with approval agencies such as municipalities, conservation Authorities, MOE, MNR and DFO will be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of:
* civil infrastructure for transportation projects with expertise in stormwater management
* surface drainage and storm sewers, hydrology, hydraulic analysis and road design,
* preparation of technical reports, specifications, tender documents, and engineering estimates.
- You will have strong working knowledge of computer models commonly used in water resources engineering: HEC-2, HEC-RAS, OTTHYMO and SWMM.
In this position, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Involvement with the technical and management functions associated with all phases of projects from inception through planning, design, procurement, construction, and commissioning in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget;
- Hydrologic modeling, hydraulic modeling, urban runoff modelling, river modeling, flood control, floodplain analysis, river engineering, sedimentation and erosion analysis;
- Preparation of reports and proposals;
- Direct and coordinate the efforts of a multi-disciplinary team of in-house resources, sub-consultants, contractors, and suppliers.