Civil/Structural Inspectors (8141BR) Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM), a North American firm with offices throughout the U.S. and Canada offers rewarding and challenging positions. HMM provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. HMM, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
Due to our upcoming projects in Toronto, we are seeking civil/structural inspectors to filll both intermediate and senior construction management positions.
Education, Skills and Experience required for this role include:
- Relevant technical education from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5 years for the intermediate inspector and 10 years for senior inspector
- Construction experience involving underground structures, steel liner installation as well as grouting and shotcreting.
- Experience with TBM tunnel construction is required
- References of experience in construction site inspection work
- Basic level computer proficiency is required for this role (report development and maintenance, time sheets, emails, site records)
- Good communication skills are required for this role.
Responsibilities for this role will include, but not be limited to:
- Conduct on site inspections to verify that the works are constructed in accordance with the contract using the contractor's chosen and accepted means and methods. This will involve working with other tunneling inspectors on shifts.
- Compile accurate records of all the site activities including any checks or the witnessing of tests and the current pass/fail status.
- Assist in the formation of a database of all scanned and electronically prepared documents from the Contractor.
- Capture photographic records of the site activities; ensuring the photographs are properly annotated and stored.
- Coordinate with designers, technical Inspectors and the client’s inspectors on work inspections.
- Assist in the compilation of a deficiency list and check-up on the timely close out of any non-conformances.
- Monitor the contractor's safety systems and documentation.
- Monitor the implementation of any corrective measures introduced following any site incidents or accidents.
- Report any conditions that cause concern or sub standard practices.