Quality Manager (13603BR) Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald is an award-winning full-service engineering firm. With headquarters in Iselin, New Jersey, and 70 offices across Canada and the US, HMM serves public and clients across North America.
In addition to its own 2,500 staff, HMM draws on the experience, resources, and the 25,000 worldwide staff of its two parent companies, Hatch and Mott MacDonald.
Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. HMM, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to developing the career of each employee.
As the Quality Manager, responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop, implement and monitor quality management strategies, policies and programs
- Ensure compliance with ISO 90001 requirement in order to maintain HMM’s registration in good standing
- Ensure pragmatic application of quality principles across the Unit
- Liaise with external agencies undertaking audits of HMM
- Ensure audits are undertaken and prompt follow-up undertaken
- Supports Project Managers in the development and implementation of quality management plans
- Communicate with senior leadership on issues dealing with quality
- Participate in industry associations, and benchmark to remain current about external landscape, both technical and legislative
- Recommend training to address relevant Quality issues.
- Ensure that reliable and up-to-date Quality information and competent advice is available.
- Monitor the Project Audits Schedule.
- Review & Approval of Project Audit Reports.
- Monitor the close-out of corrective and preventive actions arising from internal audits.
- Develop Local Office Instructions and project procedures.
- Initiate activities identified in the Canadian Unit business plan and other activities.
- Degree/Diploma in engineering. Registered as Professional Engineer (preferred) or CET within one of provinces in which HMM operates.
- 8-10 years' related experience and knowledge in quality management.
- Demonstrated experience as a quality leader within an ISO 9001 registered consulting engineering company or construction contractor in Canada.
- Willingness to complete certification as an ISO 9001 Auditor.
- Experience with design, project management, and/or construction management for a consulting engineering company.
- Familiarity with various delivery models for construction (preferred).
- Experience with commercial management within a consulting engineering environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Willing travel as required to other offices location, as well as project site and client offices
- Broad technical knowledge.
- Strong degree of integrity and resolve, and willing to take a firm position when necessary.
- Self-starter who works with limited direction
- Results driven and ensures the right course of action is taken
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.