Bridge Engineer (9949BR) Mississauga, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald is an award, employee-owned engineering firm with a reputation for technical excellence, innovation, and overcoming complex engineering challenges. Being part of the HMM team provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals a broad range of infrastructure, transportation, water & wastewater and environmental projects. Hatch Mott MacDonald, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the careers of each employee.
- Civil/Structural degree from an accredited university.
- 8+ years of experience in the design of bridges and experience with the Canadian Highway Bridge Code or AASHTO.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), or eligible to obtain.
- Must have complex post-tensioned structure design experience. Bridge/tunnel structure modelling an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of bridge engineering with a recognized consulting engineering firm.
- Structural analysis software such as SAP200, S-FRAME, STAAD (a must) or CANBAS.
- Familiar with relevant agency/regulatory approval processes as pertaining to bridge engineering.
- Demonstrated ability in meeting project deliverables and requirements.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Preparation of preliminary and detailed design calculation.
- Preparation of technical reports
- Preparation of project specifications and other contract documents.
- Preparation of detailed design calculations and analysis for concrete and steel structures using STAAD or other structural design software.
- Conducting design check and quality audit of drawings and contract documents.
- Providing technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to junior engineers, technologists, and technicians.
- Coordination of structural work with work of other disciplines.