Instrumentation Designer (10639BR) Thunder Bay District, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM), a North American firm provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. HMM, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
- Graduate of an electrical or Instrumentation technician / Technology program and CET certification or eligible to obtain.
- 5-10 years design experience (including programming) in the following areas; instrumentation and control, a variety of PLC’s and HMI’s and related software, SCADA, control panels, control narratives, P&ID’s, network communication systems, water and waste water treatment plants, commercial and industrial infrastructure.
- Knowledge of quoting and managing projects, with an emphasis placed on maintaining the project on schedule and within budget.
- Experience with business development and client relationship is an asset.
- Knowledge of ISA, CEC, OSC, ESA and other pertinent codes and standards.
- Experience with AutoCAD or Microstation.
- Knowledge of various Microsoft software packages is a must; and knowledge of instrumentation, controls, or electrical software is an asset.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license.
- Team worker; self motivated; excellent communication skills; excellent problem solving skills and solid organizational skills; responsible and reliable; ability to work independently with minimum supervision when necessary; willingness to travel.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop design, drawings, specifications and tender documents for instrumentation, controls and electrical systems, including programming where necessary.
- Assist to develop budget project pricing and construction cost estimates.
- Assist to prepare project documents including customer proposals, work plans, schedules and estimates.
- Provide engineering support during the construction, installation and commissioning project phases.
- Assist in start-up and troubleshooting as required.
- Provide technical support to the instrumentation / electrical department and other team members.
- Work as a team member and be involved with developing standards and creating innovative solutions to customer problems.
- Develop and support clients and business as required.