Senior Project Manager (14077BR) St. John's, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM) is an award-winning consulting engineering firm with major success in the fields of architectural services; highway and bridges; aviation; rail and transit; water and water resources; wastewater; environment; municipal engineering; ports; tunnels; and pipeline services. We have earned a reputation for technical excellence on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects. With offices throughout North America, HMM provides a full range of services, from planning and design through construction management.
Being a part of the HMM team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting and challenging projects. HMM, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
To successfully address the challenges of this position, you should:
- Be a Senior Project Manager with 10+ years experience, which includes a minimum of 3 years design experience
- Registered with the PEGNL, or eligible to obtain, and who has led major infrastructure projects
- Possess strong knowledge of the transportation and municipal engineering sector. Experience in the aviation and airport infrastructure would be an asset.
- Have a solid reputation in the engineering and business community.
- Possess strong leadership and financial management abilities.
- Excellent project management abilities
- Have a proven track record client management, superior planning, organization, negotiation, strategic thinking, and leadership skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building, and communication skills are critical in this role.
- Ability to work in various conditions at project sites and within the office.
- Bilingual (French/English) oral and written communication skills would be an asset
As Senior Project Manager, key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Identification of prospective clients in relevant infrastructure sectors such as transportation and municipal engineering
- Pursuing opportunities, organizing proposals, lead/supporting negotiations and upon award, senior management oversight of the implementation of the projects.
- Oversees the internal project monitoring, customer reporting and project schedule/cost status.
- Establishes professional relationship with key decision makers in the industry.
- Manage and direct deliver fast paced complex assignments
- Implement and manage the design of projects, including engineering, coordination of multi-disciplinary teams, guidance of technical staff, client liaison, technical reviews, preparation of project specifications and technical reports and solving complex engineering programs.
- Manage contractor relations for complete project life cycle (feasibility through construction phases.