Cost Estimator (8491BR) Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald, a North American firm with offices throughout the U.S. and Canada offers rewarding and challenging positions. HMM provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. Hatch Mott MacDonald, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
- BS in Construction Management, Engineering or related field or experience.
- Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) and member of Ontario Institute of Quantity Surveyors (OIQS).
- 5 - 10 years experience in an estimating role within a multi discipline EPCM, Construction or Contracting environment in the industrial or infrastructure industries;
- Experience with relevant estimating software
- Demonstrated basic understanding of all engineering disciplines;
- Knowledge of the compilation of Order of Magnitude / Pre-feasibility / Feasibility estimates;
- Experience in project construction cost estimates and schedules for each stage including proposed design options/concepts; budget control, scope change; closing of accounts; risk analysis; cost control services includes cash flow analysis; life-cycle cost analysis; internal rate of return; present and future value cost comparisons; and sensitivity analysis of assumptions for risk evaluation.
- Quantity Surveying and Construction Estimating of Transit Stations/Facilities and Rail Structures would be an asset.
- Sound estimating knowledge of international projects would be an asset.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Develop cost estimates for DB and EPCM projects (Brownfield and Greenfield) for both front end planning studies as well as all engineering phases of multidisciplinary projects;
- Develop cost estimates for a range of engineering scopes ranging from order of magnitude to definitive estimates;
- Managing and coordinating the activities of the project estimating team;
- Regularly reviewing the estimate status at both discipline and management levels;
- Developing and presenting basis of estimate, estimate work plans and cost estimates for capital, operating and sustaining capital costs for projects.
- Identifies labour, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labour, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.