Transportation Engineer (10250BR) Markham, Canada
We are seeking a qualified transportation engineer to join our rapidly growing office in Markham.
As the Transportation Engineer, responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Analyze and evaluate alternative transportation planning and traffic engineering strategies related to roads, transit, active transportation and related projects
- Prepare technical memos, reports and proposals for transportation planning and traffic engineering projects
- Undertake research and analysis of data
- Conduct field investigations
- Degree from a recognized university or college program in Transportation Engineering/Technology
- 8+years related experience for engineer; 12+ years related experience for technician
- Experience working in a consulting environment
- Strong working knowledge of transportation planning principles, processes and practices
- Good knowledge of traffic engineering, road safety, traffic control and traffic systems
- Working experience with transportation planning models such as Emme/2, Emme/3, VISSIM, Synchro
- Well-developed computer and analytical skills
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
Hatch Mott MacDonald, a North American firm with offices throughout the U.S. and Canada offers rewarding and challenging positions. HMM provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. Hatch Mott MacDonald, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.