Senior Scheduler (14100BR) Metro Vancouver, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM), a North American award winning consulting engineering firm with offices throughout the U.S. and Canada, offers a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting and challenging projects. HMM, is an equal opportunity employer, offers a comprehensive benefit package, and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
You are an excellent communicator, skilled at problem-solving, wants to be challenged in the work that you do. You thrive in a proactive organization where client service is paramount.
Skills and Experience required for this role include:
- Relevant post secondary training
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in planning/scheduling including analyzing, estimating, planning, forecasting and scheduling project tasks;
- Understanding of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), task dependencies, effort estimation, Network Diagram, Critical Path, Gantt Chart and Earned Value;
- In-depth knowledge and experience of planning software (including Primavera P6 and MS Project);
- Extensive experience in project scheduling for all phases of projects (feasibility, design, construction);
- Strong presentation skills in front of colleagues and clients;
- Solid understanding of all engineering, procurement, construction and fabrication disciplines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated experiences to support;
- Experience in project reporting and progress measurement systems, including Earned Value.
- Development of a realistic project plan and schedule to meet the project objectives;
- Ensuring that all HMM standards, procedures and systems for project planning and scheduling are followed;
- Coordinating all aspects of the planning and scheduling functions across all work locations and ensuring the schedules are integrated into one integrated EPCM schedule;
- Overall progress measurement systems covering engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction progress and productivity reporting across all work locations;
- Implementation of project planning procedures in accordance with HMM standards and preparation and maintenance of the timeline for the development and setup of the various schedules and progress measurement systems;
- Ensuring plans and schedules are prepared and integrated according to project and Hatch standards and contract requirements;
- Ensuring schedule assessment and analysis is performed and reported including the incorporation of project trends and changes;
- Maintaining the schedule Basis of Schedule Document to provide full visibility on the current schedule assumptions, risks, and opportunities;
- Assuming responsibility for all aspects of the planning and scheduling among all locations including staffing, consistent methods / procedures, compliance with the contract, schedule assurance and team work;
- Performing periodic project schedule risk analysis;
- Consolidating progress reporting into the overall project progress measurement system;
- Ensuring consistent functionality of progress measurement systems for all locations;
- Setting project goals and objectives for team members and clearly communicating these to team members;
- Providing an environment for team members to develop personal skills and potential;
- Supervising, training and developing other planning, scheduling and specialist support staff.