Building(s) Engineer (5436BR) Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned company with over 14,700 staff worldwide. We are continually winning commercial and Industry awards, including being ‘International Consultancy of the year’ (NCE/ACE) and being placed in the top 15 for 5 years running in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for.
Mott MacDonald has a long and successful history of working in Canada, particularly through Hatch Mott MacDonald, where we have historically focussed on infrastructure projects such as including tunnels, highways, airports and rail projects.
Mott MacDonald is expanding its building expertise into the Canadian market. We have an extensive and impressive range of award winning buildings projects to draw upon including Wembley Stadium, Dubai Marina, Manchester Civil Justice centre.
We are looking for structural, mechanical, electrical, façade and fire engineers with leadership potential to join our team and work with us on developing the buildings business.
We are looking for outward facing engineers with good knowledge and experience of the Canadian buildings market, who can assist in pursuing and winning new business. The successful applicants should have the following essential academic, professional qualifications and experience:
- Engineering degree from an accredited university. Must be a P.Eng.
- Minimum of 5, but ideally 10 years of experience in the Canadian work environment.
- Experience in the design of buildings such as sports, retail, leisure, residential health and education
- Successfully delivered projects exceeding $10m
- Demonstrated ability to pursue and win work
- Strong management skills in areas such as: staff, client and financial
- Familiar with current engineering design software (3D), such as: Revit, Rhinoceros or Grasshopper
- Sound technical capability
- Strong communications skills - both technical and non-technical
- Demonstrated skills to coach and mentor junior engineering staff
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills in order to produce project related documents