Senior Project Engineer (14094BR) St. John's, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM), a North American award winning consulting engineering firm with offices throughout the U.S. and Canada, offers a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting and challenging projects. HMM, is an equal opportunity employer, offers a comprehensive benefit package, and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
You are an excellent communicator, skilled at problem-solving, wants to be challenged in the work that you do. You thrive in a proactive organization where client service is paramount.
As the Senior Project Engineer, you will work on a range of civil engineering projects in the following sectors: airports and aviation, municipal and transportation, providing advice and solutions driven consultation for design and implementation strategy.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing multi-disciplinary projects and for coordination with other engineering disciplines.
- Design of civil infrastructure and managing both large and small projects.
- Review and design advisor, supporting team members, site visits, construction progress and cost monitoring, reporting, problem solving and negotiating, project close-out.
- Contribute to colleagues and team’s technical development; and financial success of project.
As the qualified candidate, you possess the following:
- Professional Engineer, licensed in Newfoundland and Labrador, with a minimum of 10-15 years experience in the civil infrastructure sector; site investigations; report writing; design, construction administration; and project management. Areas of expertise may include urban development, public works infrastructure, water systems, sewerage systems, drainage, buildings, airport facilities, and site development. Aviation and airport infrastructure experience would be definite asset.
- Working knowledge of planning regulations and zoning, engineering guidelines and standards, best practices, legislation, permitting processes, NMS and Client-owned technical specifications, CCDC and Standard construction contracts. Familiarity with civil engineering design software and CAD protocols.
- Multi-disciplinary project experience in a team environment.
- Capable of working as project manager, technical lead, designer, as well as team member for various types of projects.
- Capable of delivering projects to company standards and internal business processes, and to Client’s requirements within budget and schedule.
- Innovative in the development of technical and management skills and the willingness to tackle any challenge.
- Experience in project scoping, design, contractual and financial management.
- Willing to travel as project demands dictate.