Engineer - Rail (7226BR) Edmonton, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald, a North American firm with offices throughout the U.S. and Canada offers rewarding and challenging positions. HMM provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. Hatch Mott MacDonald, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
We are looking for qualified rail and transit engineers with a specialization in alignments, facilities, and bridges to join our team in Edmonton.
As the qualified candidate, you possess the following:
- B.S. Degree in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited school.
- 5+ years experience in the rail & transit field
- Registered or eligible for registration with APEGA.
- Experience using CAD programs such as AutoCAD and/or Microstation with the Civil 3d and InRoads/InRail add-ons is also required.
- Experience in quality systems, CAD design, project coordination, and project management on rail infrastructure projects is considered an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel (a must).
In this position, you will work on a variety of engineering projects including heavy and light rail, roadways, site development, etc. in a team environment.
Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
- Design, project coordination, project management, development and implementation of project quality management systems, field inspections, project client liaison, etc.
- Assist with reporting tasks and development of project documentation, coordination of sub-consultants and external parties, maintaining project databases, drawing lists, and registers.
- Assist with field work, including site investigations and survey work.
Strong consideration will be given to candidates with appropriate experience, respect for and understanding of construction safety, an interest in quality management, demonstrated success as a team player, and a strong work ethic.