Project Engineer - Bridges (9948BR) Mississauga, Canada
We are seeking an experienced Project Engineer - Bridges to join our team in Mississaua, Ontario. As a part of the team, you will be involved in various projects leading and co-ordinating the structural work of other disciplines.
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- 15+ years of experience in the design of bridges and experience with the Canadian Highway Bridge Code or AASHTO.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), or eligible to obtain.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of bridge engineering with a recognized consulting engineering firm.
- Experience with planning, preliminary design, and detailed design of new bridges and rehabilitation of existing bridges.
- Demonstrated ability in managing clients and delivering quality service.
- Demonstrated ability to work within project timeframes and budget constraints.
- Experience with bridge condition surveys and construction phase structural liaison would be an asset.
- Working knowledge with structural analysis software such as SAP200, S-FRAME, STAAD or CANBAS.
- Familiar with relevant agency/regulatory approval processes as pertaining to bridge engineering.
- Demonstrated ability in meeting project deliverables and requirements.
- Preparation of preliminary and detailed design calculation.
- Preparation of technical reports and proposals.
- Site investigation and preparation of inspection reports.
- Preparation of project specifications and other contract documents.
- Preparation of detailed design calculations and analysis for concrete and steel structures using STAAD or other structural design software.
- Conducting design check and quality audit of drawings and contract documents.
- Providing technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to junior engineers, technologists, and technicians.
- Lead and coordination of structural work of other disciplines.
Hatch Mott MacDonald is an award, employee-owned engineering firm with a reputation for technical excellence, innovation, and overcoming complex engineering challenges. Being part of the HMM team provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals a broad range of infrastructure, transportation, water & wastewater and environmental projects. Hatch Mott MacDonald, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the careers of each employee.