Highway Design Engineer (10059BR) Thunder Bay District, Canada
We are seeking a highly motivated highway design engineer to join our team in Thunder Bay, ON. You will have the opportunity to work on high profile projects including a variety of highway planning and design assignments being undertaken on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation throughout the province
- Civil engineering degree from an accredited university
- P.Eng in Ontario or eligible to obtain
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience with highway/road design
- Excellent technical and communication skills are a necessity
- Familiarity with AutoCad and InRoads is essential
- Experience in the use of provincial transportation specific software is a definite asset.
- MTO design experience an asset.
- preliminary and detailed design of arterial roads, highways and freeways
- checking of designs, drawings, quantity calculations, contract preparation
- construction inspection and preparation of reports,
- coordinating multidisciplinary project designs and supervising junior design staff.
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM), a North American firm provides the advantage of a full-service engineering firm with a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Being a part of the HMM Team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting projects. HMM, an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee.