Proposal Coordinator (9745BR) Mississauga, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald, a North American firm with offices throughout the U.S. and Canada offers rewarding and challenging positions. HMM an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive benefits and is committed to developing the career of each employee
This is a dynamic position that requires flexibility (e.g., working flexible or extra hours to meet deadlines) and the ability to shift priorities frequently while maintaining attention to detail, meeting deadlines, and achieving high quality standards. Candidates must be able to multi-task, function effectively under strict production deadlines and time constraints, schedule workload to meet deadlines, and be able to manage time efficiently in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment while demonstrating an energetic 'can do' attitude.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, or English (Technical Writing) or related field.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including basic technical editing
- Hands-on experience required with developing proposals, including editing, and formatting.
- Experience in proposal development and production for engineering, architectural, scientific, or other consulting firm is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Creative Suite software preferred (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
- Requires excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong detail orientation, analytical and general business skills and ability to process information quickly and accurately.
- Working knowledge of engineering, architecture, or environmental consulting field is highly desired.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Evaluation and response to RFPs and RFQs;
- Coordinates and facilitates kickoff, strategy, and storyboard meetings; coordinates technical content, updates/customizes resumes, project descriptions, and other proposal information;
- Coordinate all aspects of the proposal development process;
- Coordinates and communicates with content writers and subconsultants managing their information for the proposal and/or presentation efforts.
- Other duties include archive proposals and other materials; and ensuring updated, accurate company/business unit information and assist with presentations/interviews.