Senior Lead Planner/Scheduler (14100BR) Metro Vancouver, Canada
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM) is an award-winning consulting engineering firm with major success in the fields of architectural services; highway and bridges; aviation; rail and transit; water and water resources; wastewater; environment; municipal engineering; ports; tunnels; and pipeline services. We have earned a reputation for technical excellence on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects. With offices throughout North America, HMM provides a full range of services, from planning and design through construction management.
Being a part of the HMM team, provides the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals on a broad range of exciting and challenging projects. HMM, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to developing the career of each employee.
We are seeking a Senior Lead Planner/Scheduler to join our team in Vancouver, British Columbia. As the qualified candidate, you possess:
- Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in planning/scheduling including analyzing, estimating, forecasting and scheduling project tasks;
- Understanding of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), task dependencies, effort estimation, Network Diagram, Critical Path, Gantt Chart and Earned Value;
- In-depth knowledge and experience of planning software (including Primavera P6 and MS Project);
- Solid understanding of all engineering, procurement, construction and fabrication disciplines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated experiences to support;
- Knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) would be an asset.
Responsibilities in this role would include, but not be limited to
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of the planning and scheduling among all locations including staffing, consistent methods / procedures, compliance with the contract, schedule assurance and team work;
- Develop a realistic project plan and schedule to meet the project objectives;
- Coordinate all aspects of the planning and scheduling functions across all work locations and ensuring the schedules are integrated into one integrated EPCM schedule;
- Overall progress measurement systems covering engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction progress and productivity reporting across all work locations
- Implement project planning procedures in accordance with HMM standards and preparation and maintenance of the timeline for the development and setup of the various schedules and progress measurement systems;
- Provide an environment for team members to develop personal skills and potential, supervise, train and develop other planning, scheduling and specialist support staff.