Software Developer - Java Programmer (EAI20132) Canada
In this integral role, you will design and deliver leading edge integrated project management tools and solutions to our clients, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget. More specifically, you will work on custom integrations, new product development, enhancements and upgrades for existing software products, and Oracle tool enhancements and add-ons owned by Emerald.
You can expect your daily role to include:
- Creating new applications or updating existing applications using client server and web based technologies;
- Daily brainstorming sessions;
- Liaising with implementation leads to develop reports for clients;
- Troubleshooting application issues with project teams;
- Communicating proactively with clients in a professional manner to identify needs, problems, and design solutions; and
- Updating service packs, setting up new databases, and providing technical support for Emerald products.
The ideal candidate will have a B.Sc., B.Eng. or certificate degree in Computer Science, with a minimum of 2 years programming experience (specifically in design, development, testing, and documenting software applications). JAVA Certification is preferred.
If you have the following qualifications, you would be a good fit for the role!
Experience in at least one of the products below:
- Oracle and PL/SQL
- SQL Server and T-SQL
Experience in at least two of the languages below:
- Java and JSP
- C#, VB, ASP, VB.net
- Adobe Flex
Experience with one or more of the following is essential:
- Developing web services
- Work flow automation engines
- Spring, Struts, Wicket or other
- Hibernate, Ibatis, Torque
- Ant, Maven
- Subversion, Bazaar
As a strong communicator, you collaborate effectively with product managers and team members to develop robust solutions. You enjoy interacting with clients, and use your positive attitude to influence technical and non-technical stakeholders. You pick up new concepts with ease, and thrive when working in a fast-paced team environment. We are looking for organized, deadline oriented and proactive individuals who excel at developing flexible re-usable code.
Why Join the Emerald Team?
In recognition of your qualification, experience and contribution to Emerald's success, you will be offered an attractive remuneration package with outstanding benefits, including:
- 3 Weeks Vacation to Start
- Team Oriented Goals Bonus Program
- Lucrative Team Managed Recognition Program (Win up to $5k and 5 extra days off annually!)
- Casual Dress (Not applicable when at a client)
- Further Education and Career Advancement
That's not all! You can also look forward to working in a fun and supportive team environment with access to
social events every month, previous events have included rock climbing, curling and Cirque du Soleil!
If you are driven, innovative and have the qualifications to lead Emerald in helping clients find solutions and gain direction, then we want to hear from you – Apply today!