RF Engineer, Senior (4173) Santa Clara, California
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working for a Global Technology Leader?
At Aviat Networks, we take great pride in hiring a workforce that is committed to supporting and strengthening our values and attributes. If you’re a results-oriented, customer centric and innovative thinker who also takes pride in personal and professional integrity, Aviat Networks is the ideal next step in your career. We are looking for people who love to solve problems, enjoy change and know how to have fun so come and join a dynamic team that strives to bring communications to the world.
Aviat Networks is the world’s largest independent supplier of wireless transmission systems. We are recognized worldwide for cutting-edge; 4G, backhaul, networking solutions and services. Customers in more than 135 countries depend on Aviat Networks to build, expand and upgrade their voice, data, and video solutions.
We currently have an immediate need for a Senior RF Engineer position
1. Demonstrated ability to take MMIC and chip designs to component production and introduction into modules.
2. Demonstrated ability to progress designs from concept to volume production at a contract manufacturer.
• Ability to translate performance requirements to lower level sub-system specifications.
• Responsible for documentation required for contract manufacturing.
3. Designs at the circuit, module, and system level for radio applications.
• Circuit designs for mixers, amplifiers, detectors, attenuators, and filters.
• Module designs for upconverters, downconverters, power amplifiers, and synthesizers.
• System designs for microwave radio platforms including mechanics, frequency planning, and standardization.
4. Completed designs at frequencies from 6 to 40 GHz using surface mount softboard techniques.
• Designs need to be suitable for contract manufacturing using DFM (Design for Manufacturing) techniques.
• Assembly process and design choices need to be carefully selected.
5. Experience with test measurements and equipment needed to validate design.
• The implementation of automated test processes using available test software is needed.
6. Ability to work in a team environment with multiple groups and locations
1. Experience with MMIC and die design of RF components, especially Power Amplifiers
• Ability to work with foundry models to facilitate Aviat designs and applications.
2. Experience with package design for thermal and high frequency applications.
• Ability to design solution for volume manufacturing. Examples would be 1) Assembly and test of packaged part for integration at a CM or 2) "Chip and wire" assembly at a specialized CM.
3. Experience with simulation tools such as ADS and HFSS.
4. Experience - 10+ years. Familiarity with radio systems.
5. Education - BSEE, MSEE preferred.
Aviat Networks offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Apply NOW to learn more!