Senior Software Developer/Programmer (Req # 263) Columbia, Maryland
Sourcefire, Inc. (Nasdaq:FIRE) a world leader in Cyber Security is transforming the way Global 2000 organizations and government agencies manage and minimize network security risk.
Sourcefire’s IPS and real-time adaptive security solutions provide security for the real world of dynamic networks and escalating threats. Today, the names Sourcefire and Snort have grown synonymous with innovation and Cyber Security.
Sourcefire is a dynamic environment that inspires employees to create opportunities by honing their talents and skills every day. Employees are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. We recognize and reward quality results and commitment to our company’s purposes and principles.
The incumbent will be responsible for developing prototype systems and eventual incorporation into the Sourcefire product line.
- Develop unattended system administration and monitoring tools, generally in BASH and Perl
- Develop/maintain distributed communication software to support cluster/cloud/mesh communication between hosts.
- Develop/maintain software/OS performance monitoring capabilities
- Recommend/develop/maintain performance tuning to existing and new software.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages like PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tcl, etc.
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting (BASH)
- Experience with C is a plus.
- Experience with TCP/IP concepts and packet capture or replay a plus.
- A desire to do awesome work in a fun environment.