Technical Marketing Engineer (AUTOSAR) - 1226 (1226) Southfield, Michigan
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Technical Marketing Engineer (AUTOSAR) - 1226
Job Location: US – MI - Southfield
Job Category: Technical and Product Marketing
Works closely with customers and helps customer integrate and use Mentor products, both embedded SW and tools. Serves as technical expert/advisor on selected products. Provides technical consultation to field personnel and customers. For shorter periods assists customers onsite.
• Assist customer with integrating and using Mentor products in their environment
• Conducts competitive evaluations to determine the strengths and weaknesses of competitive offerings.
• Works with engineering to ensure that product development requirements meet the expectations and needs of the customer.
• Conducts benchmark studies and customer need assessments to support product planning responsibilities.
• Prepares, conducts, or assists in conducting product presentations and demonstrations for customers, on-site and at tradeshows.
• Evaluates prototypes by running a Beta evaluation program, trains customers on use of early version software, monitors customer evaluations and collects feedback.
• Works as a liaison between customers and engineering to ensure that products continue to meet customer needs.
• May be responsible for developing and delivering product training.
This position is for the Volcano AUTOSAR design tools and embedded SW products.
• MSc/Bsc in Computer Science or Electrical engineering or equivalent; Several years of relevant experience.
• Relevant Skills: Automotive Embedded SW; CAN, LIN, FlexRay communication protocols, experience from AUTOSAR based projects, Embedded SW integration.
• Good planning and coordination capability;
• Good communication skills and interest and ability to work closely with customers.
• Knowledge of major customers in the Automotive OEM and supplier space.