MS Access Database Programmer (BBBH11409) Shelton, Connecticut
For more than 135 years, our client has helped individual and commercial customers grow and protect their wealth. Today, they are one of the world's largest financial services institutions with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
MS Access Database programmer will be asked to maintain an existing Access database and update database and database design according to requirements.
Qualified resource must be able to:
- Quickly understand the database design and structure.
- Absorb feedback and documentation on business processes the tool supports.
- Work closely with the PMO to analyze defects, identify improvement opportunities, develop the specifications and estimates for effort to implement.
- Once prioritized, repair, enhance and build out the database.
- Document the work (to a degree where experienced MS Access users can maintain the tool):
o Database documentation
o User instructions
- Ideally, the resource would have knowledge of SQL and building a MS Access front end on a SQL backbone.
- Must be able to build and deploy application for about 20 concurrent users.
- Resource needs to have both strong communication skills and experience working with non-technical users to extract their requirements (especially be able to explain technical constraints in non-technical terms).
- Experienced documenting maintenance and update processes for users to become self-sufficient.
Years of Experience: Senior (7+ yrs)
Approx. Duration: 2 months
About Hired By Matrix
For more than 25 years, Hired by Matrix has been providing temporary and long-term contract staffing solutions to Fortune 1,000 as well as mid-market companies nationwide. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, delivery & logistic, business information, financial and entertainment companies. The technology that we support is as diverse as our clients. We provide consultants with experience in mainframe legacy technology all the way to cutting edge technologies, like web and mobile application development. Our consultants are in roles that include Project Managers, Architects, Business analysts, QA, developers and infrastructure & network specialists. At the request of our clients we have broadened our capabilities across a variety of different areas, including: finance and accounting, R&D, clinical sciences and administrative. And as a woman-owned, WBENC-certified business we’ve helped companies grow their Supplier Diversity spend which is certainly a nice added benefit as well.
Our extended network of qualified contract professionals offers nationwide contracting capabilities.
Our dedicated team of account managers and recruiters collaborates closely with each of our clients to understand their staffing needs, corporate requirements and company cultures before building robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals in response.