IT Project Manager (BBBH10896) Pensacola, Florida
Our client is the world’s largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. They continue to develop the frontiers of logistics, supply chain management and e-Commerce.
For over 20 years, Hired by Matrix has been and continues to provide excellent service by identifying the best employees to join their team.
Description of Position
Client is currently seeking Project Manager who has 2 - 5 years experience managing projects with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and/or Transportation Management Systems (TMS) in the Supply Chain or the Transportation Logistics arena.
- Controlling, tracking and reporting activities to ensure efficient development and implementation of applications under an aggressive timeline.
- Responsible for the effectively managing resources required to procure and stand-up any hardware and additional software associated with the implementation.
- Effectively communicate with both internal and external customers, team members, vendors and all members of the senior management team.
- Produce/maintain/review project implementation plans which include a detailed MS Project Plan with Resource Allocations, Major Milestones and Timelines.
- Effectively manage scope, issues, risks, resources and internal/external customer expectations.
- Manage project budget, schedule, tracking and reporting.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- 2 to 5 years experience in client project management/client implementation or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Requires excellent oral (English) and written communication, attention to detail, organizational, problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to work effectively with clients, staff, and vendors
- Good project management skills
- Working knowledge of MS Project
- Good networking, telecommunications, systems and computer application skills
- Demonstrated success in managing projects, project teams, the project plan, tracking costs, budget, and completing projects on time and within budget
- Travel is estimated at 20% and including some nights and weekends
- Bachelors degree or higher level degree in Computer Science or Business Administration
- Program or Project Management Certification desired
The EDI transactions include:
Client’s system to Company
a. Item Master
b. Advance Shipment Notification (ASN) or Purchase Order (PO)
c. Sales Order
d. Warehouse Inventory Adjustment
Company to Client’s system
e. Warehouse Receipt Confirmation
f. Warehouse Shipment Confirmation
g. Inventory Adjustment
h. Inventory Snapshot
1) Integration between Great Plains Ver 9 and Manhattan WMS
2) Possibly configuration changes in Great Plains to support revised workflow
3) Great Plains integration manager
4) IT Project manager
5) Customer is located in Florida
The Integration consultant would need to be familiar with Great Plains and able to support the listed objectives above.
Approx. Duration: 2 months
About Hired By Matrix
For more than 25 years, Hired by Matrix has been providing temporary and long-term contract staffing solutions to Fortune 1,000 as well as mid-market companies nationwide. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, delivery & logistic, business information, financial and entertainment companies. The technology that we support is as diverse as our clients. We provide consultants with experience in mainframe legacy technology all the way to cutting edge technologies, like web and mobile application development. Our consultants are in roles that include Project Managers, Architects, Business analysts, QA, developers and infrastructure & network specialists. At the request of our clients we have broadened our capabilities across a variety of different areas, including: finance and accounting, R&D, clinical sciences and administrative. And as a woman-owned, WBENC-certified business we’ve helped companies grow their Supplier Diversity spend which is certainly a nice added benefit as well.
Our extended network of qualified contract professionals offers nationwide contracting capabilities.
Our dedicated team of account managers and recruiters collaborates closely with each of our clients to understand their staffing needs, corporate requirements and company cultures before building robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals in response.