Director, Programmatic Media (Programmatic Media) Chicago, Illinois
Director, Programmatic Media
Accuen is Omnicom Media Group’s programmatic agency, operating the industry’s first open and flexible platform for programmatic media buying for the world's leading marketers. With specialists in 60 countries, Accuen delivers market-leading solutions across channels, transforming data into competitive media advantage. Accuen is seeking an Associate Director, Programmatic Media to play a central role in delivering exceptional campaign performance that exceeds client expectations.
Position and Responsibilities:
The Programmatic Buying group is the core of our organization, responsible for applying highly analytical and quantitative approaches to deliver campaign performance, taking financial risk, and assisting the Solutions teams in managing client relationships. Accuen’s Associate Director, Programmatic Media are expected to employ and continually define the state of the art techniques in the online marketing industry through their deep understanding of digital technologies, a passion for using data to inform creative problem solving. They must possess excellent active listening skills to understand client needs and translate those needs into campaign objectives.
Director, Programmatic Media reports into the VP.
Master media buying -related technologies, including DSPs, DMP, 3rd party ad servers and manual exchanges
Work closely with our partners (technology, media, and data) to oversee the launch and execution of campaigns
Actively analyze audience and user data to identify areas of campaign performance growth on existing accounts and lead efforts to capitalize on those opportunities
Hands on execution and/or team management of optimization recommendations that meet stated client objectives
Make campaign recommendations and ensure flawless implementation (either directly or through partners)
Actively partner with the Data Sciences and Insights teams to identify and drive opportunities to deliver deeper insights into audience and user data
Work with the Product team to enhance the utility of existing trading-related technologies
Manage partner relations to ensure consistently successful launch and execution of client campaigns
- Provide hands on execution or direct a team to manage brand campaigns across the following areas: strategy development, project management, report delivery, and optimization log upkeep
- Constantly strive to improve processes, documents, checklists, etc. that ensure efficient procedures and continual improvement for both new and existing clients.
- Partner and collaborate with the Programmatic Solutions teams to act as an expert resource to educate, inform and foster account growth
- Provide strategic insight to develop long term execution plans from client’s stated business objectives and implement those plans
- Effectively communicate with the management team on account and group status in a professional manner befitting a senior level team member
- Lead and effectively manage a team of Programmatic Media Specialists and facilitate each team member’s development providing ongoing coaching, feedback and career growth
- Train team members and others on media buying best practices
- Participate in broader organizational leadership initiatives (e.g. Operating Team, Task Force) ensuring successful implementation and execution by modeling organizational and leadership capabilities
Required Experience and Education:
- Understanding of Digital Advertising (Display, Search, Social, Mobile)
- Bachelor’s degree in: operations research, mathematics, economics, statistics, physics, engineering, communications, marketing, or advertising. Master’s degree a plus
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced Excel/spreadsheet capabilities, Macro/VBA experience a plus
- Experience optimizing Display marketing campaigns across DSP, DMP, and Ad Serving platforms.
- 4-8 years of work experience, with recent managerial experience in search or online advertising
- Previous experience in media/DR management, search, or marketing on a managerial level
- 4+ years of solid client service/account experience with proven track record of managerial roles
- Proactive, self-starter, capable of setting goals and reporting progress against them
- Exceptional ability to use data to solve problems and understand campaign performance; analytical thinker and processor
- Strong leadership & communication skills
- Team player
- Strong organizational navigation – able to manage and prioritize multiple projects and work well with a matrixed organization
- Be confident in analyzing and acting on marketing data
- Ability to train and inspire people and foster a strong, cohesive working team by giving proper, thorough, and timely feedback
- Data analysis in Excel, including Pivot Tables & basic statistics. Experience with SPSS, SAS, Cognos, Business Objects or other BI & statistical toolsets a plus.
- Advanced understanding and experience with DSPs, DMPs, 3rd Party data, and Ad Trafficking
- Strong business acumen and account management ability– demonstrated ability to be forward-thinking and innovative while understanding client needs and the limitations of our business processes and technologies