Supervisor - Digital Media Investment (buying) (PHD - SupD-Sleep#) Chicago, Illinois
PHD, a division of Omnicom Media Group, has an exciting opportunity for entry level candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in media strategy. PHD is a top 10 media buyer in the US representing nearly $4 billion in media billings, and PHD serves over 60 clients out of five offices with over 400 employees.
- Support partnering Supervisors, Associate Director and Director on day to day tasks
- Develop and train the assistant negotiator, provide mentorship, arrange training sessions and manage their daily workflow/tasks
- Attend publisher meetings and develop expertise in digital opportunities, new technologies, digital platforms, innovation, research insights and capabilities, industry learning, etc.
- Participate or lead in direct client communications when appropriate
- Explore media alternatives and develop media solutions and POVs, demonstrating strategic thinking, creativity, and solid decision-making
- Develop media plans, evaluate and assess vendors using proprietary research tools and industry knowledge; provide client facing reports on a variety of topics (i.e. results, competitive, billing, etc.); present media plans to clients
- Oversee media plan and budget maintenance, ensuring strong level of accuracy
- Compile and interpret media research for use in media plan development
- Present media plans and recommendations internally and to clients
- Revise media plans as needed throughout course of year; oversee budget changes and flowcharts depicting current media activity
- Evaluate sponsorship opportunities on an ongoing basis; meet with media representatives on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain knowledge of current media industry issues.
- Maintain responsive working relationships with internal media buyers, creative teams, and other media contacts
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, communications or related field
- A minimum of 4 years of digital buying experience
- At least two years management experience required
- Proven analytical, strategic thinking, and communication skills
- Proven media planning skills
- Clear understanding of the digital landscape
- Dart & Mediamind experience preferred
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Proficient mathematical abilities, aptitude for mathematical concepts
- Fluent user of Microsoft office, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Willing to learn and able to understand application of, and consistently advance knowledge using, industry tools such as ComsCore, Nielsen, AdRelevance basics
A high level of success is required in each of the following Core Competencies:
Client Service Orientation
Drawing on previous experiences uses a variety of different approaches to identify client needs; partners with senior team members to ensure their needs (and client needs) are met and their expectations surpassed. Continually searches for ways to increase client satisfaction. Comfortable speaking and presenting in front of clients.
To understand the complex cause and effect patterns that may underlie issues and/or opportunities thinks beyond the obvious. Identifies patterns and trends that relate to a particular situation and uses that knowledge to come up with creative solutions.
Brings ideas that meet needs, solves problems and drives the business strategy. Can manage the negotiating/planning process and facilitate brainstorming. Open to the ideas of others. Can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace. Challenges the process in place and works to improve efficiencies throughout the team.
Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values teammates' time as well as their own; can multi-task and set priorities. Is able to triage work and effectively multi-task; can fluidly adapt to changing priorities. Is able to manage others time and set specific goals and timelines.
Driven to collaborate with all levels of team members, colleagues and peers across the organization. Listens and responds to others in a respectful manner. Develops give-and-take relationships. Brings substantive conflicts and disagreements into the open and attempts to resolve them calmly, quickly and to mutual benefit in a professional manner.
Understands the potential impact of industry trends on client and/or PHD business and takes appropriate action. Builds and maintains a stable of sources for real-time information that can affect our industry, our agency, our client. Knows our position in the market place and works to utilize it.
Can quickly find common ground with others; is viewed as a trusted team player; is comfortable communicating with more senior team members; can represent his/her interests while being fair to other groups; can often solve problems with peers without involving other people and resources; encourages collaboration by actively sharing information with others; can be candid with both peers and supervisors.
Is committed to continuous improvement and professional growth; begins to understand industry landscape; actively seeks out training opportunities; demonstrates a natural curiosity and willingness to learn.
Cluster: Personal Impact
Shows an enthusiastic attitude, and a genuine desire to succeed and learn. Fosters an environment that allows others to love what they are doing.
Open to new information. Readily accepts change. Willing and able to listen to multiple perspectives. Can be comfortable with ambiguity. Quickly adjusts thinking and actions should the realities of a situation shift.