Senior Analyst, Research & Analytics (PHD - R&A) Chicago, Illinois
This role is responsible for creating recommendations based on statistical-rich analyses that provide actionable insights to drive the development of targeting and media strategies for our clients
The Senior Media Measurement Analyst is tasked with supporting business units in all facets of analytic insights that drive continual optimization of media strategies and tactics for existing clients and in new business. Design and manage measurement protocols (tools and/or approaches to targeting) to enhance data capture and reporting. Applies industry-leading tools that assess channel planning, advertising effectiveness, and optimum advertising delivery to client business. Primary day-to-day contact on analytical and measurement projects addressing specific client issues. Collaborate with research and media teams to ensure analytical projects applicability to consumer marketing. The Senior Media Measurement Analyst must have a thorough and current understanding of statistical analysis techniques and metrics and be able to effectively translate opportunities learned to internal and client audience.
A high level of success is required in each of the following Core Competencies.
Client Service Orientation
Uses a variety of approaches to identify internal/external client needs; partners with clients to ensure needs are met and expectations surpassed. Continually searches for ways to increase client satisfaction.
To understand the complex cause and effect patterns that may underlie issues and/or opportunities thinks beyond the obvious. Identifies patterns and trends that relate to a particular situation and uses that knowledge to come up with creative solutions.
Makes decisions with the sense of urgency needed to stay ahead of internal/external client needs. Has a get it done attitude that persists regardless of obstacles.
Consistently looks for ways to make things better through identifying opportunities to increase individual and organizational performance or results. Even in the face of disappointment and/or adversity remains solution-oriented.
Cluster: Personal Impact
Open to new information. Readily accepts change. Willing and able to listen to multiple perspectives. Can be comfortable with ambiguity. Quickly adjusts thinking and actions should the realities of a situation shift.
Understands the potential impact of industry trends on client and PHD business, and takes appropriate action. Builds and maintains a stable of sources for real-time information that can affect our industry, our agency, our client. Knows our position in the market place and works to exploit it.
* Statistical “power user” able to find, aggregate, analyze, and manipulate data across multiple channels and sources to optimize PHD approach to targeting and developing media strategies and determining effectiveness and payout
* Experience in analysis including statistical, factor, cluster, regression models coupled with expertise in consumer behavior based research
* Demonstrated project management skills; committed to meet defined goals and timelines
* Able to effectively share knowledge and train others
* Rich and demonstrated knowledge of multivariate statistical analyses and software (SPSS and SAS); knowledge of or ability to learn syndicated Media research and systems (Nielsen, comScore, MRI); media tools from Point Logic (Allocator, Compose); eTelmar, and TView amongst others
* Strong knowledge of and skill using Excel and PowerPoint
* Is a good listener. Effectively conveys thoughts, ideas, feelings and decisions in a clear, concise and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both good verbal and written skills