Mechanical Engineer I (3456) Austin, Texas
We are a privately held, profitable oil & gas drilling company, and we’re growing like crazy! Join this fast 50 company and be a part of the growth.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for providing mechanical design for multiple projects, including analog and 3D mechanical design, defining material specification, working closely with various machine shops, and providing mechanical expertise for projects.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Strong experience in 3D CAD design & Solid Works
- Knowledge of detailing machine drawings, geometric dimensions and tolerance/assembly drawings
- Extensive knowledge of machinery standards (Stub Acme threads, UNC threads, ect.)
- Experience in finite element analysis
- BOM creation and maintenance
- ERP/MRP experience
- Design experience in oil and gas industry
- Experience in torque analysis, pressure vessels, bending stress, and vibration analysis
- Experience with DFM