Mechanical Engineer (Project Lead) (234567) Austin, Texas
We are a privately held, profitable oil & gas drilling company, and we’re growing like crazy! Join this fast 50 company and be a part of the growth.
The Mechanical Engineer (Project Lead) will lead a team to research, design, implement, test, and take to production various projects, as well as take the lead on the mechanical aspects of the projects. The candidate must be a team player and be able to work with little supervision.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Strong experience in 3D CAD design & Solid Works
- Knowledge of detailing machine drawings, geometric dimensions and tolerance/assembly drawings
- Extensive knowledge of machinery standards (Stub Acme threads, UNC threads, ect.)
- Experience in torque analysis, pressure vessels, bending stress, and vibration analysis
- BOM creation and maintenance
- ERP/MRP experience
- Design experience in oil and gas industry
- Experience in finite element analysis
- Experience with DFM