Consulting Engineer- Voice (175) Pleasanton, California
Consults and collaborates with various project team members such as Sales Engineers, Project Managers, Field Technicians and external personnel to ensure the deployment of projects are completed in above-satisfactory form.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- The Consulting Engineer is responsible for assessing, planning, designing, integrating and installing networks for both large enterprise clients as well as small corporate networks and will perform implementation of voice and IP Telephony technologies.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- 5-7 years Cisco Voice, Routing & Switching experience.
- Prefer -someone who's acted as the lead or sole engineer on large, multi-site multi-platform systems.
- Strong Cisco infrastructure skills required, multiple firewall experience (PIX, ASA and Checkpoint).
- Wireless - The candidate should have strong skills in Wireless networking and should be well versed with solutions around Wireless Networking technologies.
- Minimum of three years of related IP Contact center Experience Extensive knowledge of network design, implementation & infrastructure
- Voice over IP experience with Cisco and Nortel products preferred Cisco IP Telephony experience (CallManager, IP-IVR/QM, Voice Gateways, Mid-level IP networking for LAN/WAN engineering) , IPCC Express or Enterprise, Unity & MeetingPlace
- Strong overall knowledge of Call Center space (inbound, outbound, email, chat,voicemail)
- Experience with queue options for routing to voicemail, informational mailboxes/scripts, real time and historical reporting, on demand monitoring and recording, the enhanced agent application and the supervisor desktop application
- Experience with advanced applications like (prompt and collect, screen pops), Skill based routing, expected wait time, priority queuing, IVR, XML parsing, HTTP triggers, eNotification services, TTS, vXML and ASR
- Strong Cisco infrastructure skills required multiple firewall experience (PIX, ASA and Checkpoint). CISSP/CCSP preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and work successfully with teams vital to the role.
- IPT WAN design experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication customer service skills required.
- Excellent client management resolution, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills are required
- Excellent verbal communications and written documentation skills are required ICM scripting or similar scripting experience preferred
- Knowledge of voicemail, unified messaging, ACD and IVR systems, integration to CRM packages
- Knowledge of CVP Studio scripting a plus
- Knowledge of Java and/or VB Script a plus
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Ability to travel as required by company; travel 5%-50% depending upon client installation
- The person in this role must also demonstrate the following: the ability to appear for work on time; the ability to accept constructive criticism; the ability to maintain and develop positive team cohesiveness; and the ability to understand and follow work rules and procedures