Location: Birmingham, England
Our market leading, well established client is currently looking for a Logistics Technician to join their team on an initial 6 month contract based at their Birmingham site. The successful Logistics Technician will handle the supply process ensuring the materials required to support repair operations are delivered to the right place at the right time and that the ERP system (SAP) reflects the correct material position including the stock control and monitoring of new and reworked components and the induction of customer’s units into the business.
• General stores activity in a fast moving environment including, but not limited to, booking in, matching, putting away and picking of new and reworked components.
• Goods inwards support including but not limited to receiving and booking in sub contract and indirect material and inducting units for repair into the business.
• With appropriate training provide logistics support to operations teams as point of contact for both new and reworked parts
• Check system to identify units which can be cleared to build
• Update order management system to reflect current status of units in kitting
• Monitoring and replenishment of pool stock as necessary
• Monitoring and ordering of defined consumable and indirect materials
• Active participation in Continuous Improvement (CI) events
• Participate in data capture and monitoring to highlight areas of improvement
• Monitor key stores indicators
• Active participation in stock take and other stock accuracy activities
• Point of contact with key Internal & external suppliers, taking control of order books, raising purchase orders and agreeing prices with suppliers as required.
Key Performance Indicators
• Module delivery and quality performance
• Maintaining data accuracy throughout the system
• Stock accuracy
• Days to fill rate
• First time pick rate
• Pick accuracy
• A good understanding of relevant IT systems (SAP, SRM).
• Good influential skills and ability to cope well under pressure.
• Self-motivated and proactive.
• Strong communicator at all levels.
• Good Excel skills an advantage
• Ability to think creatively to resolve problems
• Knowledge of Engine Control Services products an advantage
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".