Verification & Validation Engineer
Location: Newport, Wales
Our world leading client based in Newport is looking for a Verification and Validation Engineer on an initial 6 month contract. In order to demonstrate suitability for release of a Product, System or Service the V&V Engineer is responsible for designing, documenting, implementing and executing tests based on System Requirements. This will include the capturing of results, preparation of Verification Compliancy Matrices and production of Results and Reporting documentation.
This V&V Engineer needs to ensure that:
• Software/Products/Systems are verified and validated in accordance with Defence and Space standards, as well as all supporting documents being produced in accordance with Defence and Space standards.
• Allocated Work Packages are completed by the job holder within agreed cost, time and quality constraints
• Tools, methodologies and testing standards are appropriately applied to achieve project aims, in line with direction from the team lead.
• Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired technical expertise.
This job needs to contribute to
• Timely reporting to Team Lead on progress, risks and issues arising from allocated Work Packages
• Taking technical and task leadership from Team Lead and communicating effectively with other team members
• Design, implementation and execution of allocated Verification and Validation activities for Software/Products/Systems to meet demanding technical, cost, timescale and quality criteria
• Being an effective and productive member of the team, and support technical discussions with Customer
• Must have experience of formal Verification & Validation of complex electronic equipment and/or supporting software applications
• Must have experience of the full product lifecycle, from initial V&V strategy definition through to in-service acceptance
• Familiar with test and integration methods for software and hardware product development
• Able to carry out development tasks of up to three months duration with only limited supervision
• Must be skilled in development and implementation of Verification & Validation solutions for four or more of the following:
o Cryptographic Key Management and Distribution Systems
o Cryptographic Devices
o Windows hosted software applications
o Embedded software applications
o TEMPEST approval of equipment
o CE approval of equipment
o Secure Communications Systems/Network Devices
• Must have an understanding of work package definition and estimation, as well as Requirements Management and traceability, and a good understanding of Configuration Control
• Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
• ISTQB Software Test qualified to at least Foundation Certificate standard
• CCNA standard experience and working knowledge of network configuration and operation
• Experience and working knowledge of some or all of the following:
o Special To Type Test Equipment (STTE) hardware, software and test data development/preparation
o Automated Testing Techniques
o Test script/software development (Windows and Unix environments)
o ISDN Telecommunications equipment and network management
o TCP/IP network configuration and test
o Integration/test of database systems (e.g. Oracle/SQL)
o Black box software testing
o EMC, Safety, Environmental, TEMPEST qualification testing
• Experience of formal Requirements Management (e.g. DOORS)
• Experience of product V&V to achieve UK approved cryptographic/TEMPEST standards
The role will involve working on UK classified programmes the candidate must therefore be willing and able to obtain a security clearance to SC.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".