Platform Engineering Lead
Location: Luton, England
Our market leading, well known client based in Luton is looking for a Platform Engineering Lead to join their team on a permanent basis. The primary role of the Platform Engineering Lead is to work with customers, partners and suppliers to devise and deliver an upgrade solution for specific platforms.
Key Responsibility Areas
Working under direction from the Project Engineering Manager the Platform Engineering Lead has ultimate responsibility for delivery of the Technical Solution for the assigned platforms. This will involve working closely with the programme delivery teams, partners, suppliers, customers and PDOs. The complexity nature of the programme will require the candidate to possess exceptional leadership, influencing, negotiation and diplomacy skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Overall responsibility for development and delivery of the platform upgrade in accordance with the agreed technical specification and programme.
• Interaction with customer (Purchase, User, Operations) to agree the upgrade solution.
• Representation at Technical Meetings with the Platform Design Organisations (PDOs), as well as working with PDOs and their technical team to ensure Maturity Design
• Agree the acceptance and Release to Service (RTS) of modified platforms in accordance with relevant regulations / authorities.
• Gate Reviews are held and achieved in accordance with the agreed programme.
• Working hands on with guidance and support from specialists to ensure that all engineering aspects are considered and assessed through Maturity Design Gate Reviews to ensure design integrity, including Systems Architecture, Human Factors, System Design, Configuration Management, ILS, Security, Safety and Interoperability with other platform systems
Essential / Highly Desirable:
• Educated to degree level in engineering related subject or equivalent experience
• Experience of complex platform integration programmes (Land, Air or Sea)
• Knowledge and experience of working with military platform level design organisations
• Experience in the role of Test, Evaluation and Acceptance engineering, including Release to Service
• Strong leadership, problem solving and negotiation skills
• Knowledge of current and future technologies
• Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) Systems
• Experience of working on multinational programmes
In addition the candidate will be required to conduct regular travel within the UK and oversees, to work with engineering specialists in other sites, customers, partners, suppliers and PDOs
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".