Specialist Electrical Technician
Location: Stevenage, England
Our client is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services, and has a live vacancy for a Specialist Satellite Technician working on a prime satellite platform that will land on Mars or explore the sun’s realm. This role will be based at their site in Stevenage and will be an initial 6 month contract.
The successful Specialist Satellite Technician will perform electrical / mechanical integration activities:
• Highly competent at wiring activities, manufacture and integration of flight harness and test harness (crimping, soldering, looming, routing and repairs)
• Excellent engineering hand skills, and be able to complete quality control inspections
• Use of basic hand tools (torque tools, screwdrivers, spanners, measurement tools and etc.).
• Test instrumentation integration (thermocouples, heater circuits and accelerometers)
• Prepare, apply, handle and dispose of chemical and hazardous substances in accordance with COSHH requirements
• Ensuring workspace is kept clean and tidy in accordance with 5S policy
• Following tool control procedures
• Active participation in Continuous Improvement activities
• Ensuring correct completion of build paperwork for all activities you have performed
• Interpreting technical documentation (schematical drawings, wiring diagrams, 2D and 3D General Assembly Drawings, technical notes and integration procedures)
• 3D model navigation
• Support movement and lifting operations using overhead crane and other MGSE (Mechanical Ground Support Equipment).
• HNC or HND in an engineering production or maintenance field
Or / and
• Apprenticeship in Aerospace/Space or other high quality production or maintenance field
Essential assembly experience of the following in high quality manufacturing area:
• ESA, aerospace or other high quality wiring experience ( flight and test harness manufacture, check out and installation )
• Harness securing methods
• Installation and removal coaxial cables / DC harnesses
• Detailed assembly and integration (equipment and processes similar to, or to the standard required for aerospace industry).
• High level of engineering hand skills
• Strong, demonstrable experience of using hand tools
• Tool control
• Technical documentation
• Handling and use of chemicals and hazardous substances
• Proven experience in a similar role
• Inspection of critical electronic/electrical/electro-mechanical hardware
• Previous experience of space/aerospace inspection and test activities
• Consistent experience in a similar role
• Previous experience of working in a cleanroom environment
• Experience carrying out structural activities
• MLI (Multi-Layered Insulation) blanket installation and tailoring experience
• Knowledge on RF systems
• Must be able to work at height and in a restricted space
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".