Cyber Security Research Engineer
Location: Newport, Wales
Our world leading, well-established client based in Newport is looking for a Cyber Security Research Engineer to join their team on an initial 12 month basis. The successful candidate will support the ongoing initiatives designing and developing state of the art security solutions and providing expert services to the business across IT & ICS security domains.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an innovation environment and/or is able to work on challenging cyber security problems with proven record of delivering research and developing of prototypes. Deep technical knowledge and expertise in a relevant cyber security domain is a must.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake state of the art security reviews, benchmark technologies, and develop new prototypes and proof-of-concepts to meet security challenges.
The Research Engineer will:
• Lead state of the art research projects into cyber security topics of interest in support of the business
• Be the senior technical specialist in one or more areas of cyber security; including but not limited to:
o Security Architecture
o Cyber Forensics & Incident Response
o Industrial Control System Cyber Security
o Penetration Testing & Audit
o Cloud security
o Security Monitoring / SOC
• Develop prototype solutions and support the industrialization of solutions
• Provide expert services (senior consultancy) to the internal business as required
• Undertake technical scouting missions (product evaluations and benchmarking), as well as manage programs
• 5+ years cyber security experience in relevant cyber security specialist area
• Degree, Professional Training or equivalent experience in relevant cyber security related subject
• Experience of research, innovation, and/or solutions development
• Proven track record of managing and delivering cyber security programs, as well as writing bids/proposals
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills
• PhD or research experience in related subject
• Publication track record
• Experience of patent applications and intellectual property management
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".