Sr.Software Engineer Web Development (13143) Newark, California
The Software Development group focuses on developing and building cutting edge, high performance enterprise software solutions that deliver risk quantification tools to our 400+ clients worldwide. Using cutting edge technology, we are building an exciting next generation product that leverages the latest advances in database tools, grid computing, hardware-based acceleration techniques, and visualization optimization. Our Enterprise Platform utilizes restful web services, 100+ TB of data warehousing/OLAP solutions, large scale distributed data processing technology, best-in-class virtualization technology, and GPU-based computing in a SaaS environment. Objective Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of innovative software solutions within the catastrophe risk management space. Due to the global nature of the role, they will be working in close collaboration with business units, partner companies and our client-base across US and Europe. Responsible for the design, development and delivery of software solutions to the global insurance and reinsurance markets. Undertake research into new technologies and techniques to support leading edge development by the group Ensure that critical deadlines are met Working extensively in collaboration with internal teams and software partners
- 5 to 7 years of hands-on experience with commercial software applications development.
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Proven commercial Ruby on Rails (3.x) software development experience utilizing RSpec, Cucumber, JQuery.
- Knowledge and practice of TDD, BDD.
- Expert level proficiency in web based applications development utilizing OOJS/AJAX, HTML5, CSS3.
- Solid experience working with RDBMS (SQLServer or MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB).
- Solid experience developing on, deploying to, and managing Amazon AWS-based development and production environment.
- Proactive self-starter who is comfortable working in distributed project team of varying sizes.
- Experience of leading projects and coaching less experienced collagues.
- Exposure using Hadoop/EMR and Storm Exposure using messaging solution such as Amazon SQS/SNS, 0MQ, RabbitMQ Experience developing in C++ Server administration familiarity (Linux/Apache and Windows/IIS)