Senior Product Manager - Big Data (13101) Newark, California
RMS is building a Cloud Platform from SCRATCH using the most exciting cloud technologies based on virtualization, scale out architecture, elastic databases, high performance grid computing and Hadoop. We are proud of our energetic and positive culture that is a balance between technology and academia.
At RMS, we have big ideas around big data. We seek candidates that rise to challenges with the curiosity and mental dexterity to analyze and solve complex problems. We look for professionals who will bring a fresh perspective and a desire to make a huge impact. Let us know if this is your dream job.
RMS is looking for a product manager who is passionate about data and wants to build innovative data management and integration software. We are looking for a product manager with experience in data integration and data management software and a passion for building new products and bringing new innovations to the market.
As the Senior Product Manager - Big Data you will join a growing team of data product managers and your contributions will have a substantial impact on RMS’ roadmaps for NextGen suite of capabilities. If you are passionate about databases, data warehouses, data integration and mining, joining RMS will put you in a unique position where you will be able to use these skills to drive new innovations in the insurance industry. You will lead key decisions that shape RMS’ NextGen integration strategy. You will define the data integration framework that internal and external systems will use to transact with RMS’ NextGen platform.
- Lead the design of key RMS’ NextGen suite of capabilities such as Data Integration, Adaptors, Import/Export formats, Data Migration Strategy, and Data Mining.
- Become well-versed with the RMS domain model and client requirements for data integration, within tight deadlines
- Guide consulting teams on early adopter clients’ data integration engagements. Develop necessary collateral to inform the consultative work.
- Develop a deep understanding of client needs, translating business needs into prioritized product requirements and own the data integration roadmap.
- Participate in cross-functional teams made up of people from software development, QA, product management, modeling, and internal/external design panel to design and deliver high quality solutions through multiple releases.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a product management, business analyst or technical consulting role with minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience working with data formats, data normalization and/or data integration.
- Experience in data mining, Big Data (Hadoop), no-SQL and related areas is preferred.
- Hands on experienced with Data Integration technologies such as Informatica is a huge plus.
- Experience with BPM, SOA or Rules is preferred.
- BA/BS degree required preferably with a strong technical acumen.
- MBA or PhD is a big plus.
- Ability to travel (10-15%).
Did you know there’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year? And there’s a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months? We do. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you’ve ‘never’ heard of, unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
As we approach our 25th anniversary, we are now evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2014 a cutting edge risk management platform ‘RMS(one)’ for the global risk market. RMS(one) will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, all data. All will be run as equal partners on RMS(one).
To find out more, visit www.rms.com. Or follow us on Facebook or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.