Risk Analyst - U.S. Graduate Program (12322) Hoboken, New Jersey
RISK ANALYST PROGRAM
What could be better than getting a job before you graduate? A job at RMS!
Do you know that there is a 2.4% chance that a hurricane will cause $75 billion of insured losses this year? And that there is a 1.0% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss? We do. We are RMS, and we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to determine the odds of losing money due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and longevity.
Join our dynamic training program to prepare you for a career in the field of risk management. We’re looking for May grads ready to be part of our Class of 2013. This is not the ordinary learn-as-you-go position. We train you, pay you and provide you the tools to grow both personally and professionally in your career.
What to Expect
- Beginning July 8th, 2013, you’ll spend six weeks in classes at our Hoboken, NJ office.
- After your in-class training, you’ll return to your home office/department where you may rotate through different teams/different projects.
- While learning the specifics of each team, you’ll receive mentoring to propel you forward on your journey to RMS success.
- Balance! We’re not about all work and no play. Fun times await you!
Where we are located
- NYC Metro (Hoboken, New Jersey)
- Silicon Valley (Newark, California)
Required Skills and Attributes
- Positive attitude; readiness to rock your new career
- Fast learner and strong skills for communicating with clients and co-workers
- Strong analytical and math skills
- BS or MS in a quantitative subject
- Some roles may require C#, C++, Java, R, Python, Ruby and Perl (Not all but some will!)
Founded in 1989 as a spinoff of research done at Stanford University, today RMS is the world leader in catastrophe risk modeling. From earthquakes, hurricanes, and floods to terrorism, longevity, and infectious diseases, our models provide critical risk management solutions to financial institutions around the world. Based in our Silicon Valley headquarters and with offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, our team of more than 950 professionals may be larger than it used to be, but we"re still as ambitious and innovative as ever. Whether quantifying risks due to climate change, simulating how medical breakthroughs could extend life expectancy, delivering supercomputing in the cloud, or transforming an industry with our next generation technology platform, our passion is innovation driven by the courage to tackle problems others reject as unsolvable. At RMS, we believe the result of deeper knowledge is positive change. Our ultimate goal is to create a more sustainable and resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. To find out more, visit www.rms.com. RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.