Senior Quality Engineer (13112) Newark, California
The ideal candidate would be innovative and have great problem solving and analytical skills. He\She should be able to understand software internals, debug problems using a variety of techniques, and write automation with C#/.net. They will be entirely comfortable with a mixed Microsoft & Linux environment. Experience managing highly scalable cloud deployment is highly desired.
- Building out our test framework for managing company solutions in public\private
- Ensure that our software and services are maintained to the highest level of availability and reliability
- Working with the development teams to ensure that non-functional requirements relevant to operations are clearly articulated and delivered
- Participation in troubleshooting efforts
The successful candidate will have experience:
- strong problem solving skills in Windows environment.
- with Enterprise level SAAS products
- testing and troubleshooting Cloud-based applications
- with large scale hosted infrastructure and web services
- with virtualization technologies
- working in a mixed environment: Linux & Microsoft Windows
- working in an Agile environment
- with continuous integration and deployment (with Hudson or similar) –
- with test automation (functional, configuration, backend)
- demonstrating a strong desire to drive process improvement by example
- Big Data Processing experience
- Informatica, Micro Strategy, MS SQL, Mongo and/or Vertica Plus Performance and scalability experience
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science
There’s a 6% chance that a hurricane will cause $75 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand their financial risks as a result of natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, or changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you’ve ‘never’ heard of, unless you’re one of our clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. As we lead an industry we helped pioneer we are able to offer stimulating careers to those who want to make a real impact on the world at large. At RMS we believe in thought leadership, personal growth and out-standing performance and support a culture of inclusiveness across all our offices.
As we approach our 25th anniversary, we are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2014 a cutting edge risk management platform ‘RMS(one)’ for the global risk market and we’re looking for talented professionals to join us.
To find out more visit: www.rms.com. ; Or follow us on Facebook or Twitter
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.